Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Birthstone Series: March Bloodstone feat. Sinful Last Chance and Nubar 2010

Hello again! If you weren't aware, March has two acceptable birthstones, and bloodstone is the other one. It's a pretty cool-looking stone, and the reason it's called bloodstone is exactly what you're thinking - because it looks like blood. Nice! In other news, the other thing that's been preoccupying my mind lately is I'm trying to plan a trip to Disneyland! It's been a few years since I've went, the last time being an utter disaster (don't go with 10 people when you're right out of high school...) and although we are still going to be a large group again (8 people) I think this time will be a bit more manageable. I'm pretty much single-handedly planning this trip because I'm very detail-oriented and want everything to be as perfect as possible. Hopefully all goes well without too many problems. Anyways! Here is what a bloodstone looks like if you're not familiar.

Source
I knew right away what I was going to do for this manicure, and I think it turned out perfectly.

Flash
I started out with Sinful Last Chance. I love this color but it stains like a mofo!!!!! AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT! At least it matches the dark green quartz of the stone. This was two or three coats, don't remember.

Okay, now here comes a slew of pictures!
Flash
Flash
Artificial Light
Artificial Light
Artificial Light
Artificial Light
Artificial Light
Artificial Light
Artificial Light
Artificial Light
Close-up
I give you Nubar 2010! In real life, you can see the red flash a lot more, making this combo match the bloodstone pretty well. I wanted to leave this manicure on longer, but I smudged it and had to remove it. But either way, this manicure kicks ass! I lurve it!

What do you think of this? Do you like flakies? I want to get more colors, like the Zoya ones!

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Great combo! I stumbled upon your blog while looking for a swatch of a Borghese polish, and I think I will stick around! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome and thanks! It's great to have you :)

      Delete
  2. You are the cutest thing ever!! your writing is fresh, and your nail art stunning. I'm subbed. This polish is amazing btw!! not a fan of glitter but don't have many flakies ones. I would LOVE to have you in my tiny firendly world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You're the sweetest! :)

      Delete
  3. I love flakies! You picked an awesome combo on this one - it looks beautiful!

    I nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)
    Please go see the details here: http://atpeacewithpolish.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello - You have a lovely blog and I am nominating you for a Liebster Award! If you are interested in participating, please take a look at my blog and let's get to know each other's nail obsessions and a few random facts about one another. If you do participate, please leave a comment on my Liebster Award post so I am sure we are "hooked up" and others will also see your responses. Thanks & be well ☼ becacine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've nominated you for a Liebster award. I don't like to leave links on other people's comments but I'll make an exception for this:

    http://www.nailhilism.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)