Sunday, March 10, 2013

Birthstone Series: March Aquamarine feat. a Franken! and Leopard Print

Hey gang, here we are again with the Birthstones! For March, there are actually two acceptable birthstones for the month, so of course, I had to do both. Right now I'm showing the more well known birthstone, Aquamarine. I kind of felt like I didn't have a good enough color in my arsenal to represent the color of aquamarine. Weird, I know, right?! But hey, I was able to try my hand at frankening for the first time! Whoo! I'm pretty stoked to show you this.

Source

Flash
Artificial Light
Sunlight
Shade
Cloudy
Close-up
 I can't recall all the colors I used, but I'll try: Essie Adore-a-Ball, China Glaze Snow, OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It!, Love & Beauty Aqua, Sally Hansen Something Blue, Sally Hansen Frozen Solid, OPI Suzi Says Feng Shui, Love & Beauty Blue... I think that's all, maybe a couple more but I think that does it. I couldn't possibly tell you the amounts used of each polish to create this. All in all though, I love what I created! The little dark blue speckles from OPI Swimsuit... Nailed It! and the flakie-like quality of the Sally Hansen Frozen Solid and Something Blue really makes this polish pop and unique for me. But what I really loved about this polish is what I did on top of it!

Flash
Sunlight/Cloudy
Artificial Light
 SPLEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! This was my first time trying a freehand leopard print design, and I couldn't be more pleased with how it looks! I've always said leopard print is my favorite color lol. I can't wait to try this look again with more colors! I even did my boyfriend's toenails in purple and green hehe! Maybe I'll show you pictures of that. I was basically just inspired by seeing other manicures on the internet, it wasn't just one person or manicure that I followed. It was super easy to do! The dark blue spots are OPI Swimsuit...Nailed It! and the black accents are OPI Black Onyx.

Well, what are your opinions of leopard print nail art? I love it freehand, I personally don't like how it looks when a stamp is used, it looks too uniform and uninspired. If you can do it freehand, you're allowed more creativity to create different shapes and make it more interesting and more original to you! But stamps are good too, don't get me wrong ;)

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. I love leopard print on nails, and yours look great! Never tried it with blue shades x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love animal print nails!!! Pretty! I'm a new follower, would love if you would please follow me back on my blog! : ) http://myprettynailz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really lovely shade of blue! I like the added leopard print, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the trxture of this color, so creamy and bright. animal print in light blue is cute and i think it matches your atyle perfectly. I think i'll spend the night on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some fierce nails! I LOVE!

    @BridgetMarowski
    http://bridgetmarowski.blogspot.com
    http://myworld.ebay.com/otherpeoplestrash

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)