Monday, March 4, 2013

Belated Valentine's Mani

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPS I just found this mani (and another one you'll see directly after this) in my photo folder, sitting there, smiling out at me like "Hey, remember us?" So again, OOPS. Obviously this is a belated post! This shows how I wore my nails for Valentine's day. I still had butter LONDON's HRH on my nails and I didn't really want to do an overtly or cutesy Valentine's Day manicure, so I took a note from another blogger, Copy That Copy Cat and tried a heart ruffian manicure. This will be the first time I have tried any sort of ruffian manicure. I'm sure it's easier to accomplish the look if you weren't trying to make a heart shape. It looked easy enough to me so I went ahead and tried it.

Flash
Flash

The colors I used here are Milani Silver Dazzle and Sally Hansen Wined Up. It ended up being a bit difficult to control the brush to manipulate it in a way that would make the stroke look like the crest and valley of the heart but it could look worse I suppose. It was easier to accomplish the heart shape with the Sally Hansen brush for some reason, but maybe also because the polish is more fluid than the thick glitter polish. The reason I used a grey/silver and deep red is because, as I stated, I didn't want an obvious and girly Valentine's Day look. Plus I kind of hate that holiday. Admittedly I've mostly always had a significant other to share the holiday with and since I am a Libra and quite romantical and still love receiving flowers and whatnot, I hate that there is a specific day set aside in some people's minds that means you HAVE to celebrate it. It's useless and stupid. If you love someone, you should tell them everyday. I would much rather receive flowers on June 26th than February 14th. June 26th doesn't represent any significance to me, it's just a random day, but that's what I mean. Surprise me with flowers, it doesn't matter when, it doesn't even matter if it's a nice, expensive bouquet, if you just picked a flower from the park and gave it to me, I'd love it! The other reason I hate Valentine's Day is because it turns into a pity party for single people. But I'm not going to go into that, I've already written an essay.

So anyways, do you guys like my belated Valentine's nails? Haha, sorry again about that, for St. Patty's I'll be more on the ball.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)