Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year's Eve Nails feat. Chanel Peridot and OPI Spark de Triomphe

Hey gang! How was everyone's New Years?! I didn't do much; the older you get, the more a new year seems cruel, lol. Plus the idea of going to a bar with a ton of people doesn't interest me. I don't need to spend any money on expensive beers and I don't really dance and usually the music they have playing is whatever's popular and I don't know what that is nor do I really want to hear it cuz it usually sucks! So the boyfriend and I stayed in (we did have lunch with my sister, her fiance and a couple friends, but that's about it) and watched Back to the Future Part I. It's a tradition with my boyfriend and his grandma to watch all three movies on NYE, and I love those movies so I am happy to keep the tradition going. We watched the first one and some of the second part, but we finished the second part and the third part the next day. Good days, I love spending time with the boyfriend and doing next to nothing with him :)

So since we weren't going anywhere nor getting fancy, I decided to let my nails be the party. I used Chanel Peridot for my base and OPI Spark de Triomphe as the glitter gradient. First up are four pictures of my left hand. As you can see, my middle fingernail broke which is why you're going to see a little bit more of my right hand for a while until it grows out. I just had to include pictures though, even though I hate showing broken nails. For the left hand, I did a glitter gradient moving up my nails.
Sunlight
Sunlight
Shade
Shade

And here we have the right hand. It's so awkward trying to take pictures with my left hand since the camera is designed for a right-handed person, so sorry if these are a bit blurry. Here the glitter gradient is going down my nail. I think I like this gradient better, it's so chic. I like the other way too, like you just dipped your nail tips in diamonds but it can look clumpy sometimes.
Sunlight
Weak sunlight
Weak sunlight
Shade
Shade

So there we go! I'm really hoping 2013 is a better year. I thought 2012 was pretty okay until I lost my job and since then it's been a real downer so hopefully I can get a new job soon and turn this shit around. Okay, now I'm getting depressed about my situation so I'm gonna go now and watch some cartoons to make me feel better :)

Thanks for looking/commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)