Friday, January 4, 2013

Birthstone Series: January Garnet feat. China Glaze Mommy Kissing Santa

Hey gang!! I saw on facebook that China Glaze and Zoya both put up posts featuring colors from their line to represent the January birthstone, garnet! I loved the idea of wearing the color of your birthstone on your nails. I, of course, was not born in January but I still painted my nails a beautiful garnet color!

Source

I wore China Glaze's Mommy Kissing Santa, which I think is the perfect garnet shade! It has that "lit-from-within" quality where the edges are darker but the polish really glows in the center. I always go for three coats of polish.

Sunlight
Sunlight
Shade
Later on I couldn't resist adding a glitter gradient. I'm kind of addicted to doing them right now. I just love how chic and glittery my nails look, and it's sooo easy to do. Here's LA Girl Animate as the glitter gradient.

Weak sunlight
Weak sunlight
Sunlight
Sunlight
Shade
 Yaaaaaaaaay so pretty!!! So just for fun, here are few celebrities who are born in January: David Bowie (8th), Pat Benatar (10th), Jonathan Davis (18th), Ellen DeGeneres (26th), and my teenage crush (lol, I'm not afraid to admit it!) Nick Carter (28th). Hope you enjoyed this! Look for this series for the rest of the year! Also expect a makeup counterpart! :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)