Friday, November 9, 2012

Maybelline Cool Couture and Pahlish Sitting In A Tin Can

Hello it's Friday!!! Doesn't mean much to me since I still has no job :( meh but at least that means it's the weekend for the boyfriend and I get to spend more time sleeping in and cuddling with him! Squeeee. But speaking of jobs, I just received a message on facebook from this lady asking me if I would be interested in a job concerning makeup application for photo shoots, mainly bridal. I'm a wee bit skeptical because a) it very well could be a scam and b) even if it's not, it looks like they're located in San Jose, and I don't really want to commute that far (I did that for school and it SUCKED). I probably won't go through with contacting her, even though their website and fb page look legit, as I said, I'm not too keen to commute to SJ. So why did I even bother typing this all out? Because I have to! I'm a Libra, I'm indecisive normally! But anyways!

I wore this a while ago! Actually, now that I think about it, this is the mani I had on when I went to my great-grandma's funeral... uhh. Yeah, she was cool. She was 105 when she passed. I was mostly upset at her passing because her birthday had just passed in June and I didn't get to go because of work, so in my mind that meant I didn't get to say good-bye. But normally I don't get super emotional at funerals, it always makes me uncomfortable to see so many people upset and crying, because I'd rather be happy in remembering all the good times. When I die, I want everyone to participate in a pub crawl. I want to be cremated and I want my ashes spread in McCovey Cove. ANYWAYS, I tend to do this, diverge immensely...

For the first layer, I applied a couple coats of Maybelline Cool Couture. I think this was some sort of special edition or I dunno. I flippin gorgeous, which is why there are a few pictures. A cool toned dark grey amped up with beautiful blue/teal shimmer. These pictures are with artificial light.





After that I applied Pahlish Sitting In A Tin Can. If that name is in reference to something, it's lost on me. All I see in the name is "TIN" and it automatically makes me think of "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof", one of my favorite movies of all time. Seriously, if you haven't seen it, I think it's on Netflix Instant, go watch it. Brilliant performances from the ENTIRE cast (except the kids, child actors back then really sucked.) So here's a couple coats of Sitting In A Tin Can. So in this beaut, we got holographic shimmer and hexes, black shimmer, small white hexes, large black squares and large white diamonds. LOVE. Again, artificial light for these pictures.




Macro bottle shot (dunno what happened to the bottle, came like that):

Good combo right?! Yeah I thought so. I'm not gonna blabber on since I did so much of it before, just gonna let you know that this polish is still available on Pahlish's etsy here. You can also get Pahlish on Llarowe, so the choice is yours!

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous combo! I'm pretty sure Sitting in a Tin Can is a reference to the David Bowie song Space Oddity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks! While I love David Bowie, I guess I don't know much about him, although I do love him as the Goblin King lol. I guess it also helps that he made a song with Trent Reznor of NIN and that's my favorite band... anyway, thanks!

      Delete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)