Wednesday, October 17, 2012

NARS Scarlet Empress

Hello again, this is gonna be a short one. It's just two shots of me wearing NARS lipstick in Scarlet Empress. This was back when I was still working for Sephora.com so we got to play with lots of makeup in the office. I really enjoyed that job (and the pay lol) but not so much commuting on BART or waking up at 4:30 am to be at work at 6 am. Plus having to deal with bitchy people over the phone... not so easy. Anyway, I tried this color on and took pictures when I got home. It looks a little brighter and more red in the pictures because of the flash, but it's slightly darker IRL. I don't know what's on my eyes, something that I put on at work, probably a Too Faced palette of some sort. So yeah, I like this color! I'll have to buy it. The Sephora website describes this color as a semi-matte blue red which is incredibly accurate. The lipstick is not completely matte so it still makes your lips look moist, but obviously it's not overly shiny. Blue-red is dead on, there's no warmth in this color at all, no orange tones! Love it!



Obviously I also posted this because I still had orange hair in these pictures! Yay Giants!! GOOO beat the Cards! It's starting! Hopefully there's not another earthquake... if you're not aware, today marks the 23rd anniversary of the Loma Prieta earthquake. I was 3 at the time so I don't remember too much, although I do remember hiding under a table at my pre-school and being really scared. This day was also the day the Giants and A's were about to play Game 3 of the World Series aka Battle of the Bay. Lots of history in this day, lol. Anyone else out there from the Bay Area and old enough to remember this day in 1989?

Thanks guys!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Hun! I just nominated you for a blog award on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that lipstick looks great on you! what a gorgeous shade :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!!!i've just discovered your blog and i really like it..i like your style!!...great lipstick!...i'm following you hope you follow me back!!have a lovely day :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)