Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Halloween Inspiration: Disney Villains: Chernabog

Hey guys, I'm not usually up this early if I don't have to be, in fact I plan on going right back to sleep after I GET MY CAR BACK!!! YAY!! So please excuse my non-existent brain functions right now.

Next villain up is Chernabog from Fantasia! Who is Chernabog? The devil, basically. "Chernabog" is Slavic for "black god". I always remember that part of Fantasia being really friggin scary. Like, REALLY scary. I was reading the page on Wikipedia about what happens in the film since it's been a while since I've seen it, and it says things like "He raises criminals from the dead and they pass through the noose a second time and some are resurrected from a lake, they throw the damned into a fiery inferno" and holy jeez that sounds really scary. So you get the point.

Here be inspiration pics:



Now for my interpretation:


IRL, the black looked a lot better, I'm afraid the flash washed it out a bit and just made my forehead look shiny :-/

Again, don't laugh at my lash application!! Waaaahhhh.

I was going for horns...

Lid (and blended upward): Vapor. Crease: Denim. Highlight: Gold Medal. Top liner: Sundress. Bottom liner: Intense Black with Luxe on top.

For fun:

Cheeks: Glee Radiance. Lips: I applied BE Heather Buxom on first and dipped my finger in Denim e/s and smudged it on my lips and voila, blue lipstick.

I wanted the yellow liner to be like Chernabog's eyes and the blue to be the highlight of his body and just as a prominent color (the sky, the flames, you get the idea.)

 What do think of Chernabog? Who was also scarred by this guy when they were kids?! Lol!

Thanks for looking/commenting!!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE <333 Killer look!
    Keep up with this series~ I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never made it all the way through Fantasia. Your interpretation of it is wonderful though! My favorite villain was always Maleficent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe I've never made it all the way through Fantasia either? I would always fall asleep 1/4 of the way through, open an eye half way for some of the better known parts, then doze right back off. I tried watching it again a year or two ago and the exact same thing happened. I love the art and visuals of the movie, but it's like Ambien to me for some reason! Lol.

    The 2nd to last pic is my favorite.. this is awesome! I can't wait to see what do you next in this series ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Chernabog always scared the crap out of me too. Even the float in the Disney parade still gives me creepies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this looks amazing! I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of this series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you freaking rock! i just love this look. it's crazy fun


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chernabog rules!! Night on Bald Mountain is on my Halloween playlist specifically because they always showed that part of Fantasia during the Disney Halloween....oops my nerd is showing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This eye is AMAZING! I love what you did with the colors!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. That thing scared the shit out of me when I was little! Love the music from that part of Fantasia. Anyways, great job; you look very villainous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)