Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Favorites: Bare Minerals Blush (PIC HEAVY!)

Hello all!! Having a very lovely lazy Wednesday afternoon. I got off work early and came home to clean my room and now I am chillin listening to Sublime. Sublime always puts me in such a good mood, not to mention mellow. Perhaps I'll do a Song of the Moment. Anyway, I wanted to share some swatches of my favorite blushes from Bare Minerals. Now, I'm not gonna lie; I don't use any other brand for blush, because, as you know, I work for Bare Escentuals so why would I use anything else? I've tried other brands before, but BE always has the color I want in a blush and there's always a pretty shimmer or sparkle to entice me. Plus, as crazy as it sounds, it's easier to use because it's powder. I've tried pressed and it looks too powdery. I've tried creams/stains and it doesn't blend as easily and looks clown-ish. Loose powder it is. Again, I won't lie; it probably doesn't last as long on my oily skin as the others but, like I said, there's always a pretty color that I want for blush. And you'll see that I have many favorites and I definitely like a specific color for blush. Let's get started!! BE PREPARED FOR A LOT OF PICTURES!!!!

First up is one of my all-time favorites, and also one I love to scare customers with because it's so ridiculous-looking in the container, but once you put it on your cheeks, it gives you the prettiest "I've been pinching my cheeks" look, if that makes sense. It's a blue-based pink which seems to work best for my fair complexion, and this one has a bit of a sheen, but not shimmer or sparkle. It's Fruit Cocktail, and you can get it open stock.

Fruit Cocktail in the lid:

Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Pink Ribbon. This Same idea as Fruit Cocktail: blue-based pink for that naturally rosy blush. It does have a bit of shimmer but once blended it looks much like FC with a sheen. This one came from a holiday kit called Beyond Gorgeous which you can still get on the BE website or can be found individually on ebay.

Pink Ribbon in the sifter:

Sprinkled on my hand:

 Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Miracle. Again, same premise as the first two, but this one is more matte, but at least it still looks like I'm glowing when I wear it. This also came in a kit and can be found on ebay.

Miracle in the lid:

Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Escape, which is like a lighter, airier version of Miracle. It's blue-based and more matte, and I like to wear this one when I don't want a lot of color. It gives me a very slight flushed look. This one you can get open stock.

Escape in the lid:

Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Floret. This is a bit warmer with a gold shimmer but still a bright pop of pink. It came in a kit fairly recently so you can still get it in stores or online. Suuuuuuper gorgeous shimmer!!!!

Floret in the sifter:

Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Glee Radiance. Radiances are different from just blush because they aren't meant to hold a lot of pigment, they're meant to be more of a shimmer and shine with a slight tint of color. I never really used a lot of the Radiances before, but Glee Radiance is friggin gorgeous. It gives me just a hint of color and a lot of sparkle if I'm going out or just want to shimmer on occasion. One of my top favorites. This unfortunately came in a kit, so it's not open stock, but it's still on ebay!

Glee Radiance in the sifter:

Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Azalea. This is still a nice saturated pink with a pretty silver shimmer, but moving more towards peach/orange. That's the other color I tend to like for blush. I've tried bronzer and I just don't care to look tan, and I've tried blushes with more of a wine/purple tone and it looks awful on me, it just looks like my skin is dirty. So pink and peach it is! This one came in a kit and can be found on ebay.

Azalea in the sifter:

Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Pure Charm. This definitely has more peach tones and another beautiful gold shimmer. I like to use this one a lot when I wear green on my eyes. Again it's from a kit and found on ebay.

Pure Charm in the sifter:

Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Love Radiance. Another Radiance! So more shimmer, less color. But in comparison to Glee Radiance, Love Radiance is more gold/peach where as Glee is more gold/mauve/pink. Again, this gives me just a hint of color and lots of shine! This also came in a kit, but you can still get it on the website or individually on ebay.

Love Radiance in the lid:

Sprinkled on my hand:

 Blended in with my finger:

Next up is Papaya. It's orange! Peach/orange. With gold shimmer. Freakin beautiful, another one of my tops. Again one I wear when I do green shadow. Once again (it seems all the blushes I love came in kits) this came from a kit but it's readily available on ebay.

Papaya in the sifter:

 Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

Last we have Desert Rose. This one is the most unlike the rest because it's a soft rose matte color. I wear this one when I do blue eyes or smoky eyes. It looks a bit orange in the swatch, but I swear it's a soft rose color! I also love the name of this one, it sounds so romantic and of course, it also reminds me of the Sting song... I like that song! (And yes, I hella just went to look up the song and listen to it). And you guessed it, this also came in a kit! I didn't see it on ebay, so sorry :(

Desert Rose in the sifter:

 Sprinkled on my hand:

Blended in with my finger:

WOW that was a lot of blush. Hopefully this is helpful to some of you who are maybe curious about Bare Minerals blush. I have a lot more where that came from, so perhaps I'll do another edition later on. Needless to say, I love blush! It's the easiest way to make it look like you're wearing makeup, even if you're not. It's also the easiest way to make it look like you're healthy and awake! So yay for blush! Also, I know it looks like a couple of them are very similar, but believe me, IRL they have their differences which is why I love them individually!

Thanks for looking/commenting!!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm.. they're all so freakin pretty! The first one is definitely my favorite though.. I just might have to add it to my collection soon. Thanks for the awesome swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I'd never seen any Bare Minerals swatches but aarrrgghh so many lovely colours! I LOVE Floret, Glee Radiance, Pure Charm and Papaya and gotta get me some :) Thanks for swatching.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)