Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Harry Potter Series: Nail Edition: Gryffindor

Hello again, now here's my Gryffindor nails! Yeah! This manicure was inspired by the SUPER COOL manicures Jane at Nailside does, the Lightning Bolt French!!! But it fits perfectly as my Gryffindor mani because, as we all know, Harry Potter is a Gryffindor and he has a lightning shaped scar on his forehead... PERFECTION!!! Check it out!

OPI Bling Dynasty
First I started out with one of the Gryffindor colors as my base coat, and this warm, yellow gold fits the bill! This is three coats and I love the shimmer! It's almost like a foil but definitely a shimmer.

OPI I'm Not Really A Waitress... over Bling Dynasty
For the lightning bolt part, I needed a really good, pretty, almost basic red, and INRAW (lolz) is perfect because it has just the right amount of depth to be considered scarlet but it's not too dark or pink. I think it meshes quite well with the gold!

Here's a close-up of my thumb. Pretty crisp for my first time! But then again, Jane's tutorial helped a lot!

Another look. Is it just me or do these colors remind you of the Iron Man suit? Let's see...

Iron Man watches Wallpapers
Oh jeez... kinda?! Well it's not supposed to be Iron Man so whatevs... I haven't even seen that movie or the second one and apparently there's going to be a third?? Well I guess Robert Downey Jr. needs work... I loved him in Sherlock Holmes and wouldn't mind another one of those movies!

By the way, I was totally watching "The Crow" as I was doing this mani, and totally drooling over Brandon Lee (RIP). Yay for nostalgia! Man I love that movie, it's so my style and I love that Nine Inch Nails' version of "Dead Souls" is in the movie. I don't really like Joy Division, but I love all the covers of their songs that I've heard! LOLZ.

Thanks for looking!!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing, this is so awesome. This would go perfect with the eye look :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likey....even if it is a little Iron Manish....btw...they are great movies you should watch them.....RDJ is super hunky!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)