Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter Series: Eye Edition: Slytherin

Well fans, it's the last post. I meant to do this last night but when I got home I had a major headache from crying so much (yes, it's true, but that was to be expected) and I was just so tired that I fell asleep with my makeup on. I didn't mean to actually go to sleep, I was just trying to power nap! Oh well. I'll make a post dedicated to my experiences and emotions while watching the movie later, so on to the business of makeup!

Slytherin is my favorite house probably because I love Snape so much. I also really like Draco, and I feel that these two characters are very complex, and if you know the story, Snape is the most complex character probably of the whole series. Slytherin's colors consist of green and silver, probably another reason I like this house so much. Slytherins value ambition, cunning, leadership, resourcefulness, and most of all, pure blood (but of course we know that not only pure blood wizards are sorted into that house, ie Voldemort is half-blood) and is so named for Salazar Slytherin. Their mascot represented on their crest is, of course, a serpent.

So wanna see my take on Slytherin?





I started with a good healthy base of BE Prime Time for Eyes as my primer base (there's a reason why I'm telling you this now). Then I applied Frost from the inner corner to the middle of the lid. Then I applied Cultured Pearl to my brow bone. Next I did Humid on the other half of my lid and Black Emerald concentrated in the crease. For top liner I mixed Black Emerald with Weather Everything Liner Sealer and for the bottom liner I did Oz pencil on the outside and Intense Black pencil on the inside waterline, with Humid over Oz.

On my cheeks is BE Escape, one of my all-time favorite blushes, with BE Faux Tan as my contour. On my lips is BE Dolly Buxom.

As I stated earlier, I cried a lot during the movie (jeez I'm tearing up a little now thinking of all the parts where I cried) and I knew I would so I used precautions while doing my makeup. I've never used any other primer other than Bare Escentual's Prime Time for Eyes, so I have nothing to compare it to other than the knowledge that every single blogger out there loves the Urban Decay one. Let me just say that by using the primer and the Weather Everything Liner Sealer to make my liner waterproof, my makeup stuck it out through the whole movie. When I looked at it afterwards, I was surprised to see it was all still there. No creasing, running, nothing. Run to your Bare Escentuals stores, Sephora, ULTA - whatever! And buy yourself those two products if you want something for eye makeup that will last all day, even through bawling like a baby.

And what do you think? Which from this series was your favorite? I love this one best, and even though I don't think I identify with the Slytherin values as much as the Ravenclaw ones, I'd still like to get sorted there for my own personal reasons, namely in honor of Severus Snape :D Wow I'm a huge nerd.

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this one~ I think this one is my favorite one. YOu look lovely! OMG its so sad T_T Its over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super pretty, and goes perfectly with your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all your nail colors & all your looks...you have gorgeous eyes ;]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks gals! Yami I pretty much cried like the biggest baby! I'm going to see it so many more times, I'm not kidding!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)