Friday, July 22, 2011

EOTD: 7/16/2011

Hey guys, sorry for being so MIA this week! Since last week, I've been working, over at the bf's house and glued to my computer screen watching all the other Harry Potter movies since I just got them on DVD. Also, since then, I've seen the new one three times. I almost went to see it this morning but I haven't been feeling well and I really wanted to sleep in. So instead I'll show you some makeup I did for my friend's party! You may recall me saying that I needed to buy false lashes; well here's what they were used for!

First, I want to apologize for the state of my pictures. There are horrible smudges on my camera lens that I never notice until I'm editing my pictures and some parts are blurry. I don't have a lens cap so I really need to be extra careful and really take the time to clean my lens before I use it. So again, sorry for the weird blurry parts!

Also before we start, I want to share what NARS cosmetics has been doing. They have constructed a website called makeupyourmind.com where they feature different looks, step-by-step instructions featuring which of their products to use, and pictures of fans that have done their own take on the look. At first some of the looks were kind of boring; the makeup didn't really stand out and it seemed very pale and uninspiring. Today, however, when I checked the website, there are new looks! And they're bad-ass! So I will be recreating a few of these for fun! But anyway, the look that I did was Look 4. Here's the link: NARS EXPRESS YOURSELF: THE NARSissists: Look 4
Enjoy!



Yes, my lashes are applied asymmetrical. That was remedied later, no worries!


I started with Petunia in the inner corner, then Spright on the rest of the lid. I applied Satin Ruffle to my brow bone. I blended Spright just a bit in the crease but applied the heart Coastal Scents color to my crease and along my lower lash line. Top liner is Blacktrack and inner bottom liner is Intense Black. The lashes are by Ardell and they are Invisiband Glamour Wispies in Black.

No idea what's on my cheeks or lips, sorry!

Well, what do you think? Pretty close to the NARS one? I really liked this look and can't wait to try another one!

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous <3 I love how this looks, specially the transition of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite color combos.. your blending is flawless! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)