Friday, April 8, 2011

Target and ULTA haul!

I had a 20% off coupon for ULTA so obviously I used it to get nail polish! It's funny when I think about what a makeup junkie I used to be (I actually used to work at ULTA, lol) and now how obsessed I am with nail polish! I usually just wear Bare Minerals now (duh, I work there) and occasionally I'll whip out my MAC and Coastal Scents palettes, but I don't really care about other makeup brands. I appreciate certain colors from brands I do love like Urban Decay, Too Faced, Smashbox, and Nars, but I can't bring myself to use something else when I know I can get something similar from BE or from MAC (since I have a Pro card and can get a discount).

So anyways I went to Target first and I got three Nicole's there, not to mention a proper night stand for my room, more hangers and four new beach dresses! They're so cute! And now that the bf lives closer to the beach I expect we'll be going a lot more frequently this summer! Yeah! After that, I hit up ULTA and got the rest of the stuff there.

Top row: LA Splash Mud Wrestling, Sparkling Gold, Sparkling Fuchsia; Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Chartreuse Chase, Snappy Sprinkles; Zoya Gemma, Dannii, Jules, Marley.
Bottom row: ULTA Piñata-Yada-Yada; Orly Royal Velvet; OPI Cozu-Melted In The Sun, Bright Lights - Big Color; Nicole by OPI Sea How Far You Go, Nicole's Nickel, Brilliant Idea.

I admit I only got LA Splash Mud Wrestling for its name, it's freakin hilarious! But upon further inspection it looks like one of those interesting taupe shades everyone goes cuckoo over. I personally I don't care either way for taupe, I admit it's very strange and edgy but also very work-appropriate? And I don't have to worry about that ;) The Sally Hansens I can already envision an Easter themed mani with those two (even though I don't celebrate Easter...) I'm so happy ULTA carries Zoya now, I've been wanting those shades forever! And I've seen Piñata on other blogs so I was super excited to see it in person and get it!! I think this may satisfy my DB Happy Birthday craving... Cozu-Melted is an OPI color I've had before, but my old one is just that - old. It's a black label polish and the two look nothing alike! I'll do a comparison. Then I got another Bright Lights - Big Color since my other one broke in the accident! The spring collection from Nicole by OPI is either played out (bright pinks, greens) or weird and unexpected (enter the colors I got!)

I can't wait to take off my current mani (but not yet, I've got orange on my tips! Go Giants!) to try some of these lovelies! I do have a lot of swatching to do actually, so we'll see....


~Pinupcherrymakeup

2 comments:

  1. Score! I have Gemma, Danii, Pinata-Yada-Yada, and Cozu-Melted....I think you will be quite happy with those.

    You should share pics of your new beach dresses too...the sun has been coming out more and more and I'm starting to plan my warm weather wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul. I absolutely love Zoya Gemma and Danii!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)