Monday, April 18, 2011

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Purple Diamond, Garnet Lapis and Amber Ruby

Heyooo I'm back. I slept for a bit after that last post, and I've still got the color in my hair. Hehe. I figure I have the day off, and there's nothing better to do besides leave hair color in my hair, do a billion posts on my blog, possibly swatch some nail colors, and listen to Britney Spears and Katy Perry (which, by the way, I cannot stop listening to... "E.T." and "Piece Of Me" are stuck in my head constantly!).

So anywaffles, here are some GORGEOUS swatches of the Sally Hansen Nail Prisms that inexplicably fell into my lap after I had pined for them so hard!!! I don't remember purchasing them (although I must have, obvi) but I slightly remember wearing them?? I dunno.

Sally Hansen Purple Diamond
Holy cricket, look at this gorgeousness! As expected, this formula was thin and watery, but I still got good coverage out of this, I think this was three coats? So beautiful!

Purple Diamond
Now, I'm not one to go hog-wild crazy for holos, don't get me wrong, I like them because they're so interesting and cool, but I'm more a glitter girl I think. But still, I love the effect of this color in particular. So many little rainbows!

Purple Diamond
Blurred to show the glittering holographic-ness!

Sally Hansen Garnet Lapis
So these next two are not the holographic Nail Prisms, they're the duochrome, iridescent ones! Yeah! This one, Garnet Lapis, shifts from blue (lapis) to reddish-pink (garnet). If you look up those stones on Google (like I did, hah) you can really see the resemblance! So cool!


Garnet Lapis
Again, thin and watery formula but no problems with applications or opacity.

Garnet Lapis
Can you see the Garnet? The word Lapis always reminds me of one of my favorite books, Girl With A Pearl Earring, and if you've ever read it (or even seen the movie with my wifey, Scarlett Johansson) you may remember the part where Vermeer wants Griet to grind and mix the colors because he recognizes her ability to see colors as he does, and I think he mentions lapis somewhere in there. If he doesn't, then I'm imagining things... don't mind me...

Sally Hansen Amber Ruby
Okay, now this one I actually kinda remember wearing! I seem to remember watching the colors shift as I was sitting in class... who needs to know Geometry when your nails are so awesome?! Haha, I hate math. So Amber Ruby needed a million pictures because A) I was trying to capture the color better and B) I am still tinkering with my camera.

Amber Ruby
Amber Ruby is actually in my opinion a combination of the two, amber and ruby, to create the base color, and then it shifts to a golden green! The main color you see isn't ruby because it's not that red, and it doesn't shift to amber like Garnet Lapis does, so I think it's more of a combo of the two. Then there's a secret (not really) green color, and that tends to combine with the amber part.

Amber Ruby
See???

Amber Ruby
See??????? Green!!!!!

Amber Ruby
Here's the amber part that I was talking about. It kind of combines with the green.

Amber Ruby
This image in particular stirs memories of wearing this color. I remember watching the shift between the colors and seeing the change from reddish to amber gold to green. So very cool.

In short, I'm ecstatic that I found these! But it leaves me craving more... ;) I will scrounge eBay for more, most likely, hehe!



~Pinupcherrymakeup

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love Purple Diamond!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol they are awesome!! I have 7 from the Nail Prisms line...3 holo and 4 duochrome, but I wish I had more!! I remember the big display they had of these years ago at Fred Meyer, but at the time I was not really into nail polish and 7 bottles was a huge deal.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)