Thursday, April 28, 2011

NOTD: Easter manis

Last post of the night, and I need to do this one before I forget and before it becomes too late! I did the first mani about a week before Easter just to get in the mood and the other one for the actual day. Although I don't actually celebrate Easter, I'll do anything for a themed mani! :D

Zoya Marley on top of Deborah Lippmann Glitter In The Air
I didn't even bother taking a picture of just the Zoya Marley because it was atrocious. I love the pale lilac color but it was kind of streaky! Hopefully the next time it applies better, but it didn't matter too much because I knew I was putting Glitter In The Air over it. My co-worker said GITA looked like an Easter egg so I ran with that. I love how it looks, so festive! 

China Glaze Zombie Zest
Okay, you're probably thinking "Wtf?" Why would anyone use this beautiful but murky moss green color for an Easter mani? Here's the reason, and please don't be too cross with me, I just think it's funny: Zombie Jesus! Lol, it's something my friend and I always say about Easter, Jesus is basically a zombie because he's coming back from the dead. If I believed in hell, I'm probably going to end up there. Well anyway, this is a really great color regardless.

Sally Hansen Snappy Sprinkles
So here I layered the lovely bar glitter from Sally Hansen's spring Insta-Dri collection. It's got pink and green bar glitter and it definitely completes the theme of this mani. I received a lot of compliments on this mani! But I was ready to take it off and put brighter colors on, lol.

Did everyone have a good Easter? I got to watch the Giants lose, boo. Oh well.


~Pinupcherrymakeup

7 comments:

  1. Yay! this background is much easier to read! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I love the Glitter in the Air polish- It reminds me of a cupcake! LOL Sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! glitter in the air is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I have never wanted the sprinkles until I saw them on your zombie mani!! So pretty...must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love the Lippmann polish! It looks so cute!!! Must buy :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Easter nails! :) They look like cupcake sprinkles! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)