Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bare Minerals NEW Pretty Amazing Swatches and Review

Hey hey, here's what I gotta say! About BE's newest addition to their lip product collection. Pretty Amazing is supposed to be like a liquid lipstick. It's not glossy like a lip gloss but it does shine (does that make sense?) meaning it looks moist. But they're very long-lasting and even provide a bit of a stain look to the lips, but they're definitely not drying, they're ultra moisturizing! The other great thing about these new guys... the lip applicator. BE is calling it a paddle because that's what it's shaped like instead of a doe-foot like on most lip glosses. The paddle is very pliable so it makes application very easy and there is a little edge on the paddle, so lining my lips is extremely easy as well! The color of the products is very saturated and pigmented and opaque. It's definitely the best of lipstick where it's smooth and creamy and opaque and the best of lip gloss where it's easier to apply and got that moist look to it. So enough babble, onto the pictures! And there are A LOT!!!

There are 8 colors all together, but I received two of them from previous kits so naturally those two didn't come in boxes.

The other two colors without boxes that I got are Charisma and Bravado.

 


Charisma

Bravado

Ambition

Strength

Moxie

Fearless

Free Will

Courage

Left to right: Charisma, Bravado, Ambition, Strength, Moxie, Fearless, Free Will, Courage.

Charisma
A light peachy pink. I love this color, it's extremely wearable and looks good on a lot of skintones, including my fair skin and my co-worker's tan skin.

Bravado
My least favorite. It does nothing for me. It's a wearable brownish rose but not wearable for me. Maybe it's because I don't wear darker colors on my lips but this looks terrible on me. On my other co-worker who is also fair like I am, this actually does look good on her, but it also looks a slight bit more pink on her, perhaps because she has more pink in her skintone. I have a slight yellow undertone along with pink in my skintone so maybe it clashes a little. Whatever the case may be, I hate this one.

Ambition
Now that's more like it! A very vibrant, saturated hot pink! Very pretty and also wearable?! Kinda contradictory, being a bright, wearable pink, but I promise it is! I love this one and can see it being the one I go through the most (if I ever were to go through an entire tube of lip product).

Strength
Oh baby, I love red lipstick, and this is no exception. It's a perfect red, not too orange or too blue, but very pigmented and rich. Oh man, it's just too gorgeous for words.

Moxie
A very blue-pink color. It almost looks too stark against my skin, almost chalky, but I love this kind of pink, especially for spring, so I can probably soften it with another gloss on top, particularly Katie Buxom, perhaps?

Fearless
A soft purple-y mauve. I say purple because on my skintone it definitely takes on a bit of a purple tone, but on my manager at work who's more tan, it looked more mauve and rosy on her. At first I didn't care too much for it, but now I like the purple tone and want to layer more purple on top!

Free Will
A flesh-tone nude, no hints of pink or orange. This is a pretty perfect nude because it doesn't look pink or too orange on me. It's a little stark and kinda makes me look dead, but if I put a little bit of gloss on top it might lively it up a little.

Courage
A soft coral/rose/peach? I can't decide which word to choose since they all seem to fit, but only when described together, not singularly. I can see this one definitely being a crowd pleaser, very soft for daytime but it still gives you a good amount of color, and I can see this working for many different skintones.


SO what do we think?! I'm loving all of these (besides Bravado) for their texture and the lip applicator and their durability during the day. These babies are being previewed tomorrow at all Bare Escentuals boutiques for one day, so if you like 'em get 'em tomorrow before anyone else! Otherwise you can get them anywhere in May for $16. Love 'em!!!! I can't wait for more colors, hehe!


~Pinupcherrymakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)