Monday, March 21, 2011

Versace Bright Crystal Review

Here I have a review for you! About perfume! Yay! I love perfume. I especially love Versace Bright Crystal, which is what I'm talking about today. I remember, jeez, like three years ago when this first came out, I wanted it so badly! But one of my co-workers at the time had just purchased it and I don't relish sharing fragrances with anyone, I like to have my own signature (for the moment) scent.

http://bychai.net/images/versaceperfume1.jpg
One of my biggest problems with Bright Crystal, however, is that it does not last long on my skin. So I began searching for a gift set which would include a lotion and a bath gel of some sort so I could layer the fragrance and thus gain longer wear from the fragrance. A few months ago I stopped by Nordstrom which is right around the corner from my store, and I usually frequent the perfume counter to see if there are any new perfumes and to get samples (yep, I'm one of those.) They happened to have a good package deal going on for Versace Bright Crystal. It came with the full size 3 oz bottle and a mini bottle, I think 0.17 oz and two mini bottles of the body lotion and shower gel, all for hmmm I think it was $89?? Pretty good considering Nordstrom.com lists the 3 oz bottle by itself as $88!

Anyway, here is what Nordstrom.com has to say about Bright Crystal: "Inspired by a mixture of Donatella Versace's favorite floral fragrances, Bright Crystal eau de toilette is a fresh, sensual blend of refreshing chilled yuzu and pomegranate mingled with soothing blossoms of peony, magnolia, and lotus flower, warmed with musk and amber. Notes: iced accord, yuzu, pomegranate, peony, magnolia, lotus flower, acajou, vegetal amber, musk. Style: Sheer. Sensual. Luminous." I'm always a fan of having some musk or amber or vanilla or sandalwood or something to cut the sweetness of a floral scent. Don't get me wrong, this scent is still definitely soft and feminine, but it also feels sensual and grown-up because of the amber and musk.

Funnily enough, I still haven't worn this fragrance with the lotion or after using the shower gel in the shower so I don't know how much longer this scent would last on me with those added benefits. I like to wear a different scent each day depending on my mood so layering hasn't been an option for Bright Crystal yet. But I'm certain the scent would last longer if I used even just the lotion, and surely the shower gel as well.

Well that's it for me tonight, folks!

~Pinupcherrymakeup

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I can almost smell it. I just love make-up too but I don't know much about it, and I certainly don't know how to put it on, I just splash it on, so to speak. I once had a makeover by a professional make-up artist in a MAC shop...oh, it looked great. I hated taking it off when I got home. Anyway, I hope to learn from your blog. Following you from Trapani, Sicily! P.S. I'm a good cook though, especially at sweets:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome! I'm so excited that you're following from Sicily! I wish I were closer to you so I could exchange some makeup application for some yummy food and sweets! If you ever have any questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask! I'm going to try to figure out tutorials so fingers crossed!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)