Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day Nails

GAH one more before I forget and before it becomes March. Eeep. I can't believe how the time flies... BUT it's for the best seeing as SPRING TRAINING STARTS SOON!!!! Yessssssssssss.

Here are a few nail designs I did for Valentine's Day. The first two were my "pre" Valentine's Day looks and the last one was for the actual day.


So for the first mani I started out with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Presto Pink. I think they really wanted to call this "Pepto" Pink because that's what it looks like and that's what "Presto" sounds like... Hmmm... Anyway, a very vibrant and lovely bubblegum pink shade.

Then I layered a whole buncha other crap on top of that. I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeealllyyy wanted Wet N' Wild Prancer but I cannot find it anywhere so I made it up by using glitter from the craft store. Obviously in my hand you see Nicole by OPI Have A Heart. This baby got a lotta use for these Valentine's Day manis. Love it. So cute and glitzy. Lots o' compliments.

The next mani started out with Nicole by OPI Play Fair. A soft and lovely shade of bubblegum lilac, if you know what I mean.

And of course we have to have Nicole by OPI Have A Heart again on top to give it that extra festive look.

Finally, we have the official Valentine's Day mani. First I used OPI Hawaiian Orchid as a sheer base. Then I used OPI Color So Hot It Berns, followed by Milani Red Sparkle on the tips, and last but not least Nicole by OPI Have A Heart strategically placed on the tips as well.

I loved that final manicure soooooo much but it only lasted that day because four nails on my left hand were broken and one on my right hand, so I decided it was time to chop them off. Oh well. More NOTD's coming soon, I have a lot of catching up to do!

~Pinupcherrymakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)