Friday, February 25, 2011

Katy Perry Purr Review

So, I have to admit, I used to dislike Katy Perry. I'll tell you why, and I'm going to be frank about myself. I like girls and I like boys. Right now I'm dating an awesome guy, but I have dated girls in the past. Her song "I Kissed A Girl" doesn't sit well with me. I don't like the idea of dumb drunk girls going around kissing their friends just to get a rise out of guys. Let me tell you something; it's very misleading!!! If you've ever been in that situation where you like someone and you think they might like you but then you find out they were just pretending to be something they're not... ugly mess! ANYWAYS. Now, I don't mind Katy Perry. I still hate that one song, but I've grown to like her other songs (YAY "Teenage Dream") and I do like her style, especially her nails, of course!

And now on to the real post. I was walking into Nordstrom after work one day to check out some perfume samples and the lady working the counter said my hair (it's got purple streaks in it) would match perfectly with the new Katy Perry perfume bottle.

OMFG are you kidding me??? This bottle is freakin adorable!! Here's what Nordstrom.com has to say about this lil gal: "Purr by Katy Perry eau de parfum begins with the aroma of peach nectar and forbidden apple, evolves with a distinct floral bouquet of jasmine blossom, Bulgarian rose and vanilla orchid, and slowly reveals accents of creamy sandalwood and musk. Like the singer herself, Purr is playful yet sophisticated. Katy Perry transcends barriers with her music—so does her new fragrance." Hah, it's kinda cheesy but whatever, I am very intrigued by the vanilla... Plain vanilla, like DKNY Pure, smells AWFUL on me. It smells nice at first, then it smells like the incense or oils or whatever it is at church. Purr does not smell like that on me. It smells fruity and slightly flowery but then you get the whiff of vanilla and musk so it is right in the middle of not being too sweet and young but not smelling like a grandmother (sorry, Grammy).

Nordstrom.com lists a 1.7 oz bottle for $45 and a 3.4 oz bottle for $65. Not too bad, and even though I don't love the perfume, I'd still pay the extra $20 for the bigger size because that bottle is so freaking cute.

~Pinupcherrymakeup

1 comment:

  1. I got a sample bottle from my brother...love it!! Definitely will invest in the super cute bottle!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)