Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Sinful Colors Swatches and Reviews

I'm still pretty sure I'm alone here (I mean, come on, not even any of my friends or family are following me here?! I need to kick their butts and make them follow me, those jerks.) so I'm just gonna say it: the original Japanese Iron Chef is ridiculously hilarious and I LOVE IT! The English voice overs for the Japanese people on the show are so exaggerated and silly, it's impossible not to laugh at them! Ahh thank you Cooking Channel for showing these episodes, I can't get enough.

Anyhoo, on to some posting. Posting, posting, posting, for all you wonderful people out there in my head. Hehe. Still going with some more nail stuff. Today we have my collection of Sinful Colors nail colors. I love Sinful. I remember the old Sinful bottles and getting them at the Walgreens near my elementary school. I also remember while my mom was playing softball, her teams colors were grey and navy, and she always wore Sinful Colors Midnight Blue on her toes. Memories, sigh. I should find a bottle of Midnight Blue. Well, time to stop reminiscing and start posting pictures!

 Mercury Rising. Kind of a red-brown shimmer, maybe more burgundy in person. Whatever you call it, it's gorgeous and very fall. This 2 coats with base coat and no top coat, very opaque and shiny.

Dream On. This is a bright hot pink/fuchsia cream/matte. I included two pictures because this color dries oddly matte. So this is before I applied top coat. You can see it's kind of a satin matte and it's also kind of streaky. It seemed to darken as it dried, so I used 3 coats and a base coat.

 Dream On with top coat. Now the color is a little bit brighter and obviously shinier. The streaks that seemed more apparent before top coat have smoothed out. I would most likely always wear top coat with this color, not only because it looks prettier but also because I'm not a huge fan of that matte look, at least on my nails.

Cloud 9. This is a nice tangerine orange with shimmer. This is a great layering color! But on its own its just as nice. When I layered it over an orange cream color, it made the color brighter and more opaque and gave it a shimmer finish which looked gorgeous! I think I prefer it this way. This was 4 coats with base coat and no top coat, and there was slight VNL but maybe not so much in person?

Let's Meet. Here we have a bright, primary yellow with shimmer. I love yellow shimmers! This is really pretty, but as there is slight VNL it may work better for layering. I can't try it yet as I don't have a yellow cream yet, but I'll be sure to try it once I get a different yellow. I started with 2 coats, then waited before applying another coat, then waited before applying the last coat, so 4 coats in all with base coat.

 Mint Apple. I love this mint shade! It has a nice shimmer which is always appreciated, although it was a bit streaky when applying, but it evened out as it dried. I applied 2 coats and waited before I applied one last coat, so 3 coats in all with base coat and no top coat.

 Bamboo. I don't quite get this name since bamboo isn't really teal... but that's besides the point because this color is stunning. It looks a lot brighter because of the flash, it's definitely a bit deeper, but not dark, if that makes sense. It's that weird satin matte finish again, so this first picture is without top coat, but with base coat and 3 coats.

 Bamboo with top coat makes the shimmer in the color stand out better, and it really does make the color look so much more beautiful. I don't know what it is, but I'm just not a matte nail polish fan!

San Francisco. Okay, I may have only purchased this color for its name, but I do love this evergreen color! And it is more of an evergreen rather than emerald green as it looks in the photo. I used 3 coats with base coat and no top coat, but looking at it from here it looks like I could have done another coat. Either way, it sure is pretty!

 Here is a blurry shot of San Francisco so you can see the color better. You can see more of the shimmer colors which look more like primary green and even yellow/gold, so it's definitely warm as opposed to cool.

 Call You Later. A glitter with large green hexagon pieces, medium green round pieces and small gold round pieces. I love this on its own even though you can still see my nail and nail line, but I bet it would look lovely layered over red for the holidays! This removed easily enough but it left a lot of the little glitter pieces on my fingers and under my nails. This was 3 coats.

 I included just another one of Call You Later to show how gold it can look. Lovely!

 See You Soon. Oh well hello there, mysterious and lovely blackened blue. This color is knock-your-socks-off gorgeous! I love it! Not much more I can say... especially since I'm beginning to drool... This was 2 coats, although I could have gotten away with just 1, it was so nicely opaque!

 I just had to include more pictures of See You Soon! You can see more of the blue in this picture.

 And here's a nice blurry image of See You Soon so you can really see that beautiful blue shimmer!

 
 I Love You. This is a nice grape jelly shimmer. It looks sheer in the pictures, maybe because of the flash, but it actually looks more opaque in person. I love this kind of purple, although truthfully I love any purple. This was 3 coats, base coat and no top coat.

 Daddy's Girl. I love this name, because I guess I see myself as a daddy's girl, I lurve my papa! Anyway, this color is a deeper grape color than I Love You, and it has a touch more red. It's the same as I Love You though in terms of opacity; it looks more opaque in person, yet in the photo you can see my nail line. This was 3 coats, base coat and no top coat.


Well that's all I have for Sinful Colors for right now, but I'm sure I'll try to find more fun colors soon, after all they're very accessible and only $1.99! So good night folks! Be back tomorrow with more stuff, never you fear!

~Pinupcherrymakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)