Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Makeup Day One: 10/29/10

Hello again,

Here we have my first makeup look for a costume I literally threw together. My good friend and co-worker Emma invited me out to a local bar after work for pre-Halloween festivities including a costume contest. I didn't care so much about that, but I did want to come up with a impromptu second costume because I didn't want to wear my first, original costume just yet. Why? I have no idea, but I think this was the first time I had ever done two different costumes for Halloween! Weird! Anyway, this first, but really second costume/makeup idea just popped into my head by a happy accident. I was watching tv, trying to figure out another costume idea, when I think it was a Wal-mart or K-Mart commercial came on, and I saw a little girl dressed as a princess or a doll or something of that nature. That got my brain working and I immediately looked online at pictures of "doll makeup" to get inspired and I knew this would be easy to pull off considering I had mere hours to come up with something without going out to a Halloween store and just picking out a ridiculously expensive yet inexpensively made costume. And I think the final result was really cute! Check it out!









Eyes:
Bare Minerals Prime Time Eyelid Primer
Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Mascara in Black (used to bond false lashes and my lashes together, also used on lower lashes)
Bare Minerals Fruit Cocktail blush mixed with Bare Minerals Beautiful Lisa
Bare Minerals Beautiful Lisa by itself lightly buffed on brow bone
MAC Cranberry lightly buffed in crease
Bare Minerals Moonstruck lined on waterline (I don't have white eyeliner pencil, so I improvised)
MAC false lashes #6 (they were a bit too long so I cut excess from the inside and used the remainders for my lower lashline)

Face:
Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation in Fair
Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
Bare Minerals Cheerful blush
Bare Minerals Cherries On Top and MAC Pink Nouveau on lips


So that's it! I was really happy with how it turned out, but I don't know if other people got it, quite a few had to ask me what I was, and even one guy said "You are a doll," when I told him. Creepy, but with a slight compliment in there somewhere? Anyway, as you can see, I did my hair in pigtails and curled the ends, and if only I had more time I would have been able to get pretty pink ribbons to put in my hair, but since I didn't, I already had these cute polka dot bow hair clips, so I just used those. I also wore a hot pink baby doll dress (naturally) with a cute pink lace cami underneath, nude fishnets (for a more adult feel ;) if ya know what I mean), pink socks and black maryjane heels. Again, if I had more time, I'd have liked to get more frilly socks to make it look more girly, but oh well. I also had on a pretty pearl necklace that tied with a black polka dot bow, so I looked like a present or something. The black heels didn't last long once we got to the bar, however, so I opted for my black and white houndstooth maryjane flats, which thankfully were not only less painful but also went with my look. All in all I think I was clever to come up with this costume on such short notice and which such little resources. And it was a fun night! On to the next look!

~Pinupcherrymakeup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read each and every one! I also try to comment on something of yours, so thanks for the love! :)